Name:
Location: Kanpur, U.P., India

Friday, May 05, 2006

"Pigs on the Wings"



Its summer time here and people say that its getting hot. So I just thought better to listen to what people say and sit in my office all day, listening to "Pigs on the Wings". I really liked this song for it has the word pig in it and that reminds me of a few things. Well it actually reminds me of a cartoon character.

You might be thinking that I am thinking about "Pumba" the boar from the Lion King, but actually I am not. I was thinking about this character from a certain episode of DuckTales, who is a pig and he can fly. He has some flare for golf, so he has a stick to really hit the ball and he plays golf in mid air and his ball never falls on the ground. That is truely the pig on the wings.

As you have mentioned Pumba, I might have a few things to say about him as well. You see I have had the distinct pleasure of his devine company more than the other few that I see around. It was soome 5ish years past this moment that this character just kinda appeared here. I wondered whether thrown in to this wicked world or he had a will of his own. Whatever it be he came here with a purpose, a mission, a dream and the dream was to study the food habit of the strange spicies who call themselves humans and he thought that they were in some sense the shit of the planet. This was his primary mission. Also he had a mind to study the ways and means that these people adopt to communicate.

Pumba has some oratory skill. Four different languages had known him and found him abominable. There is this tooti phooti telegu that he tried to communicate in. In oriya he mostly communicated with himself as others people perceived him as mumbling and grunting. Then there was the gender confused hindi where could be or even . And I dont want to talk about English

He was in some sense the simplest AI ever conceived by man.
If Food => Eat
If Enemy => Kill
If Friend => Hug
If Idle => Run

And run he did round and rounds every evening and I stood there just watching struck by the aura. His favourite time pass would be to beat his innocent room-mate to rags for he loathed him. He found him indespicable as he was at the bottom of the food chain to weak to carry on by himself. They say all rock stars have a disturbed past. Well as it turned out , his roomy became a smoky, rockstars.

If you ever get to see a TV soap on this great legend, then you see fancy names for episodes like - "Rage against the innocents", "Beating the skeleton", "I rule this place", "More Food","Room-mate driven to lunacy becomes a rock star" and "Vibration Sucks".

If you still remember his primary mission, some would say that he was being more than successful. Once he taged me along as a thing and took me to dine with him. Last I remember, he said 18 rotis. After that he claimed his own mountain of rice. I say that it was a mountain for it was indeed a mountain and he preffered a little crater on top of it where he would pour in the curry like hot molten lava.

All this being fair and honest, there is on thing I fail to understand. I just told you what an insolent bastard this guy was, yet somehow he befriended me and all those whom I could see. Its been time since my last encounter with the beast. By now he might have evolved into something else for he is dynamic.

I miss him, so I am sitting here on this silly afternoon listening to "Pigs on the wings."

"If you didn't care what happened to me,
And I didn't care for you
We would zig zag our way through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain
Wondering which of the buggers to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing.

You know that I care what happens to you
And I know that you care for me
So I don't feel alone
Of the weight of the stone
Now that I've found some where safe
To bury my bone
And any fool knows a dog needs a home
a shelter from the pigs on the wing."

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! really made me feel nostalgic. nice post.. It is definitely a tribute to our beloved Pumba!

3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mast! bindaas hai ekdum...ekdum hardcore real pumba kaa caricature :)!!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Kiran said...

ab mein kya comment likhu.

3:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice one....... i am sure pumba must have thought once or twice on the language to post his comment :)

10:24 PM  
Blogger Madhur Tulsiani said...

Read it fully only now... and then read again! Backchod hai :)

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home